This is the ultimate guide for all players who are looking for advice or a walkthrough on how to master Bio Prototype. Hoping that y’all can learn something here and take away something that makes you better at this game!
Tips for New Players
After clearing all achievements and clearing all Characters on Stage 5 (hardest max difficulty), I have compiled a list of tips and tricks that you can use to make it far in this game, and have better and more successful runs.
You will hear tips about how to start a run the best way, how to make money (cells), where your should spend your cells, and how a good build looks like. If you are having trouble beating this game, look no further!
Tip #5: Do not waste cells on rerolls in early waves
- From waves 1-5 (or beyond if possible), I suggest that you do not waste your cells on reward page refresh or rerolls.
- Even though the reroll only costs 10-20 cells, these cells are much more valuable to use in the Culture Shop (stat upgrades).
- Instead of rerolling in these early waves to find a better organ, just take something that you can use (check compatibility on what your character starts with), or just take something and recycle/sell it for more cells.
- Take cells to the Culture shop instead (ex. some very useful upgrades only cost 50 cells, read more in Tip #3 for priorities).
Tip #4: Sell organs that you do not need (recycle)
- Especially in early game, you should sell anything that you cannot use or do not plan to use.
- For example, if an organ has no vessel (cannot attach another organ to it) or if the organ does not work well with your build / character traits.
- Cells in the early game are very important to save because you can put them into the culture shop which can help you get much stronger and richer, faster.
Tip #3: Upgrade your economy early
To ensure you can get as much money as possible during your run, you should upgrade economy stats first.
The obvious economy stats in the Culture shop are:
- Organ Drop Rate (how often organs drop from enemies).
- Organ Quality (rarity of organs that are dropped or from rewards).
- Cell Duplication Chance (chance to give you 2 cells instead of 1 from enemies).
You should focus on maxing out Drop Rate or Cell Duplication, then moving on to the other economy stats. Some example processes would be to:
- Max out Cell Duplication > Organ Drop Rate > Organ Quality.
- Or Max out Organ Drop Rate > Cell Duplication > Organ Quality.
- Try out both and see which you like more.
There are more stats that will help economy:
- Pick up range: Cheap upgrade, easy to max out. Helps you pick up dropped cells. Max this out along with Cell duplication chance if you go that route.
- Movement speed: Helps you move around and pick up organs/cells, also helps your survive. Grab the first point of this early (50 cells) but don’t spend too much on it after that.
Tip #2: Find a way to multiply your attacks
The easiest way to increase your damage output is to focus the first part of your brain on multiplying attacks (first ~4 organs).
There are several ways to do this, but here is the way I find it is easiest (example shown in video above):
- Start the brain off with a tentacle that has many projectiles (Swordfish, Coral).
- Use a Cochlea or Nerve after that first tentacle, then attach another multi-hit tentacle (same as above, or Beetle or Dragon).
- This should allow you to have a tonne of projectiles already. Anything you put after these first few organs should be happening a lot more often.
- Again, this is not the only way to multiply attacks. Any AoE attack or multihit attack, plus a Cochlea or Nerve after should help you multiply attacks early in the brain.
Tip #1: Use a fast organ at the beginning of your brains
- This is my number 1 tip, I never play a run without doing this.
- I always use a fast organ at the beginning of a brain that shoots quick.
- This is because you want the first organ in a brain to be quick, not necessarily strong. Especially if you only have 1-2 brains.
- As described in the #2 tip, you want the first few attacks in the brain to multiply attacks, so using a fast frequency organ to send it out more often is a priority.
The best fast frequency organs are usually:
- Spine of the Jackal.
- Bladder of the Martlet.
Just remember that even though your first attack may be weak, the efficiency of the first organ does not effect all other attacks. Your other attacks later in the brain can still be strong even though you start with a quick but weak spine.
Be the first to comment