How to install Blade HD…
Installing Blade HD
Blade HD is a combination of graphic enhancement at aesthetic level that boost the visual quality of the game preserving all his essence. At the same time, the HD version adds new hidden elements that already existed in the original files and code but never was implemented or got a place in the official release.
To apply Blade HD you must follow some simple steps:
- Step 1: Buy a copy of the game on Steam and download it.
- Step 2: Run the game. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT: for some reason, the SNEG re-release of the game sometimes doesn’t work after adding mods if you don’t run the game following a new and fresh install. You only need to run the game and exit one time. It happens randomly and this easy solution always fixed it!
Then you can visit this page where you can find the links to download the latest version (Blade HD V4.2).
- Step 3: Go to the install directory of the game (“…\Steam\steamapps\common\Blade of Darkness” or right click on the game in your library of Steam and select Properties… > Local Files > Explore…).
- Step 4: Copy and extract Blade HD file into the game directory and overwrite everything. The files are packed in their respective folders so they will be placed where they are supposed to be.
- Optional Step, Purist Only: If you want the graphic enhancement but not the small new elements, you just simply copy all .mmp files from Blade HD compress file and not the .py ones. Then it will be 100% vanilla. Anyways all those hidden elements in the original code are minor changes and quality-of-life improvements that maintain the vanilla essence. They don’t affect gameplay at all and are optional. It’s pointless upload another build when you can adapt the mod in less than one minute looking inside of some folders and manually deleting/not copying files.
After completing these easy steps, you have installed the mod and improved your Blade of Darkness experience. Have fun!