This guide provides a solution to remove in-game stuttering.
This guide is intended to help people who struggle with frame drops or screen freezes despite having a computer powerful enough to run the game.
The steps will guide you to potentially resolve any stuttering you might have.
- Start the game
- Press Alt + Tab or Windows + Tab and minimize the game so you can access the Windows Desktop.
- Right click on the Task Bar and click on Task Manager.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Right Click on the entry of the game executable.
- Note that the PID number may be different. It does not matter.
- Click on Set afinity.
- A menu will open with boxes where you can select cores and virtual cores.
- Unselect the last half of your CPU cores.
- For instance, if you have a Quad Core processor with 8 threads, such as an I7 4790K, keep the first 4 CPU entries selected and unselect the bottom 4.
Once this is done, you can click on the minimized game to resume gaming. Stuttering and frame drop should be gone and you should be able to properly enjoy the game. If that does not work, try to remove more cores.
Important: These steps need to be repeated every time you restart the game.
Be the first to comment