How to Disable Enemy Ship
- Destroy the weapons, and whatever thrusters you can hit from the front.
- Run your nose into the enemy.
- Build as tight a cage of structure around the enemy as you can. As they have no weapons shooting you, you will not be considered ‘in combat’, and can thus freely build.
- Build Lasers with a line of fire to the remaining thrusters.
- Connect lasers to ship via corridors.
- Shoot out remaining thrusters.
This requires a fair bit of extra steel to build the structure and corridors, and you lose out on a LOT more coils and steel compared to just blowing out the cockpit, but you get the precious, precious processors.
It also kinda takes a lot more time.