Meet the new part of the secrets of game mechanics. The topic of today’s release is Defense and incoming damage reduction.
Defense and Incoming Damage Reduction
Hello Commanders! Meet the new part of the secrets of game mechanics. The topic of today’s release is Defense and incoming damage reduction.
Defense determines the amount of damage absorbed by the armor. The proportion of absorbed damage is not linear depending on the Defense, and the growth of this absorption slows down as the Defense increases.
The dependence of the damage absorption on the Defense value is described by the following formula:
The amount of damage absorption under such conditions will reach an absolute value of 100% with the amount of Defense equal to 2155 units.
The procedure for reducing damage taken:
- First, incoming damage is reduced by the Defense value (if this is not radiation damage)
- Then the remaining damage is reduced by the absorption rate of the energy shield if the effect is active
- Then the remaining damage is reduced by the Megashield absorption rate, if the effect is active
- Then the remaining damage is reduced by the Fire Protection / Acid Protection / Energy Protection / Cold Protection indicator, if the incoming damage is one of these types of damage
- If this is physical damage, then it can be completely ignored, depending on the Dodge Chance
- If you didn’t dodge the damage and this is physical damage, then it can be completely blocked, depending on the Chance of the Block
- If the damage has not been blocked, then it increases by % of the critical damage of the attacker.
- Then the critical component of the remaining damage is reduced by the Critical Damage Protection value, in case if it’s critical damage. With a critical damage protection value of 100% or higher, the target gets the normal damage value, as if without crit.
Note:in fact, the first 4 “layers” (in the form of Defense, Energy Shield, Mega Shield and the Protection against a certain type of damage) work simultaneously and multiplicatively. That is, their values are multiplied among themselves and by the incoming damage, as a result, the damage value is obtained, which is already passing through the dodge, the block and the value of Protection against critical damage. For example, with the absorption rate of Damage from Defense equal to 50%, 25% energy shield, 90% Mega Shield and 10% Fire protection, from the incoming 1000 fire damage points you will remain 1000 x (1 – 0.5) x (1 – 0.25) x (1 – 0.9) x (1 – 0.1) = 34 damage points.
The total resulting damage received (in case the block and dodge did not work) can be expressed by the following formulae:
In case if damage is critical:
TotalDamage = Damage x (1 – Absorb) x (1 – EnergyShield) x (1 – MegaShield) x (1 – DamageTypeResist) x (1 + (EnemyCritDamageAmplifier – 1) x Max(1 – CritResist; 0))
In case if damage is not critical:
TotalDamage = Damage x (1 – Absorb) x (1 – EnergyShield) x (1 – MegaShield) x (1 – DamageTypeResist)