Tips and Tricks
Disgaea requires alot of grinding, and there’s a few tips and tricks on how to ease that labor:
- Learn the main mechanics! I know it’s stupid and all, but if you can master those, you might be able to make your own grinding techniques, like “geo blocks” destroying or monster fusing!
- That’s right, if you throw enemies into each other, they just “fuse” and gain levels! This can be mighty useful in early game when you can get level 99 enemies since they give an exp value of a level 323 thanks to how the experience formula work.
- Want to learn weapon skills and dominate the whole battle field with AoE attacks? Well, weapon proficiency is no more in D4 and you’ll need to buy them with Mana instead.
- Get the cheat shop ASAP, it gives bonus exp/mana/HL and the cap limit increases each chapters! You can also increase the difficulty which increases how strong the enemies are in each respective levels (which can also net you more if you use it well…).
- Do not be afraid to reincarnate! If you pick the “Genius” option, your aptitudes will increase by 5% each time (caps at 25% / 5 reincarnations).
- Do you have a monster on your team you want to level up but it’s too weak? Try out magichange! Not only it powers up humanoid characters, but it also levels up with it, meaning that each kill you do gives experience both to the humanoid character AND the monster (really comes in handy once you unlock Desco)!
- Try to get a Professor ASAP since their evility increases the experience gain by 20% when they are present on the map (it even stacks if you try to add more!).
- Use evil symbols (buildings in Cam-Pain HQ) at your own profit! Killing enemies will grant those in effect of the symbol an exp/mana share, which makes it really useful to level your weak characters without pulling them out in battle!
- Please don’t hoard equipment for too long and sell it! Not only it makes alot more space in your inventory for better loot but you can get large sums of HL too for even better equipment in the early game!
- Talking about equipment, do know that emblems are the best equipable you’ll ever get (next to shoes and power belts) since they give a hefty boost to every stats!
- As for fighting tactics, always try to attack from the rear or the back of enemies, it deals extra damage even if it seems the enemy is overleveled! (it works both way and the AI is programmed to always abuse this so be careful too!)
Be the first to comment