Tired of the game looking like a blurry mess? There’s an easy fix.
Turning Off TAA
If you’re reading this, you probably already know what TAA is and why it might be preferable to turn it off. A lot of games require hex editing or other complex hacks, but thankfully for DL2 all we’ve got to do is edit the settings.
Before starting, make sure you’ve set the right graphical settings through the menus – if you change them afterwards, TAA will be turned back on and you’ll have to do the process over again. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your documents folder, then open dying light 2 -> out -> settings
- Rename video.scr to video.txt, video.ini, or any other editable text file
- Open it in notepad or another text editor, scroll down to the line AntiAliasing(1) and change it to AntiAliasing(0)
- Save, exit, and rename the file back to video.scr
That’s it, you’re done. Enjoy the game! This does come with some drawbacks, including shadow flickering, shimmery foliage, and distant trees looking like jpegs. If you don’t like how the game looks without TAA, turn it back on by either doing this guide in reverse or just changing anything in the graphical settings.
Recommended: Turn Off Sharpening
A sharpening filter has been added to the game to combat TAA blur. After turning off TAA, the game can look over-sharpened, but it can easily be turned off with a small mod.
- Download the mod here (and if you like it, make sure to leave a thanks to the mod creator!)
- Right click on DL2 in your library, then click manage -> browse local files
- Open ph -> source
- Extract the zip file you download into this folder. If you see data3.pak alongside data0 and data1, you’re done.
Easy stuff. Enjoy the game!
You May Also Like
- Dying Light 2 – Disable Antialiasing
- Dying Light 2 – Game Won’t Launch (I Press Play, but Nothing Happens)
- Dying Light 2 – Rebind Keys (Keybind Options)
- Dying Light 2 – Performance / Stuttering / FPS Issues / Glitched or Invisible Graphics
- Dying Light 2 – Lost or Deleted Save Files / Character / Progress / Account