Probably only useful for beginners. I sometimes have years between my Empyrion sessions, so this might help me multiple times.
- HUD: only visible in current system
- Waypoint: visible from other systems (wrapable)
Two empty blocks between growing plot and surface for growing light.
- Growing Plot
Gold ore in the poles? (for EVA)
- There is an area at the poles where you can not get resources.
- Even if there is gold, you can’t get it.
- But at the corner of that area you might find gold on the surface you can get.
- Open the cheat console
- Type find name – Even part of name like epsilon will list all POI with epsilon in the name
- At the end of the response it says id=xxxx
- Note that number and type destroy xxxx
- Ctrl-w sets an auto speed
- If in space press I to toggle the auto brake and stop the thrusters. Fly for free.
Using “Y” or the “P” to deactivate the ship or O2
- If you use ‘Y’ or the O2 button in the ‘P’/Main menu, you don’t lose O2, if the containers have enough empty space
- Don’t toggle power on a ventilator manually if you don’t want to lose O2
- Too few generators will damage them, too many does not hurt in any way.
No placing on asteroids
- All the terrain placeable items like autominers, portable constructor, water collector, etc, can only be placed on planets or moons. None of them can be placed in space
- Have a base in space which has sun 24/7 and let it do your work, like creating O2 and fuel and keeping your stuff in the fridge.
Sleeping for Automining
- SinglePlayer only
- Have a bed and sleep a lot, after that you can gather lots of resources from your AutoMiners and Water Generators.
- While you sleep you seem to not use O2. (Not 100% sure)
- 1 Water Container (+1 Steel Plate) => 2 O2 Bottles (250 O2)
- 1000 actions take 1000 Water Containers and 100 iron ore and create 2000 O2 bottles
- 50 Promethium pellets + 10 Hydrogen Bottles == 50 Promethium pellets + 5 Water Container => 2 Fusion Cell (330 PUh)
- 1 Water Container => 0.4 Fusion Cell
- 200 actions take 1000 Water Containers / 1000 Promethium Ore and create 400 Fusion Cells
- Hover Engine to the points which get near the ground, FRONT! (hill)
- 1 Thruster to each direction
- Hover thrusters always point down
Blocks needed for a functional HV
- HV Starter
- Ground Repulsor Engine (Combines RCS, hover engine, and thrusters in one machine, no water hovering)
- Fuel tank
- Small generator
Heat and radiation
- Warp core – lot of heat and radiation.
- Gravity generator – some heat and radiation. this is not too bad, you can get away this being in a corner or alongside corridor somewhere. just not in a place where you need to stop a lot.
- Generator – lot of heat
- Thrusters – massive amount of heat and some radiation.
- Fuel tanks – little radiation. if you wear light armour, you’ll be fine. much smaller than for example radiation level in omicron (3.5)
- Warp fuel tank – some heat and radiation. medium armor is enough to protect.
- Growth light – some heat. medium armor is enough to protect.
- Heat/radiation is emitted one block away.
- Walls itself don’t block heat/radiation, but they of course create space between the heat source and you.
- The furnace uses a bit much energy when idle
- The furnace uses incredible amounts of energy when working
- The furnace can use your main cargo as in and out, no bad consequences
Saving as blueprint
- Look at your vehicle/base and press alt-o
- If you want to overwrite, make sure you select the correct vehicle to overwrite, the correct existing vehicle is NOT selected automatically
- In SinglePlayer: no (but you can use the console to do it, not sure how)
- In Multiplayer: yes, respawn rate depending on server
CPU extension without CPU limits enabled
- Should not change the gameplay, no advantage to use them if CPU limits are not enabled in the world
Cargo changes ship max speed
- If you have a perfect ship, when you load it with a LOT of cargo, it might happen you can’t fly as fast as before. Or you can’t fly at all.
Detector on CV
- The dedectors can not be disabled/powered off in the menu
- The CV detector needs all the time enough energy to be a problem early game
- Have a spot inside your ship where you put it and remove it depending on needs
- Only you use O2
- If you have large rooms with O2 in your ship/space station, it will not be touched until you enter the room
- meaning: you can put ventilators into every room, there is no O2 waste
Info about blueprint (for example to find errors)
- Console: ‘`’ (directly below escape for many keyboards)
prefabinfo <BlueprintName> prefabinfo 'SS Quiet'
Be the first to comment