Games for Windows Live doesn’t work on Windows 10 anymore, but don’t fret, here is a way.
How to Run Fallout 3
- First, go here and download the G4WL disabler.
- After you download it and try to run it, it will probably tell you to run the game first as Fallout.ini has not been created yet.
- Go to the Fallout 3 games folder. You will find a file called Fallout_default.ini . Copy it.
- Go to Documents\My Games\Fallout3 . You will only see the FalloutPrefs.ini file there.
- Paste the Fallout_default.ini and rename it to Fallout.ini
- Now, place the G4WL disabler in the Fallout 3 folder (with exe in it) and run it.
- It will do its thing and afterwards also make it move the DLCs (if you have any) as well.
- Run the game. It should work.