What Are Beatpoints?
Beatpoints are collectible points that a player can get in Playlist and Online Mode . They can be obtained by achieving Feats, by getting any rank, by collecting individual Beatpoints in the Challenge lobby, where they can be found floating around, or by scanning up to 5 amiibo. They are used to unlock levels. Beatpoints are doubled when completing hardcore challenge runs.
Also you can unlock achievements when you reach certain amount of Beatpoints (2,000 ; 7,500 and 15,000)
Which Are The Beatpoints Coins/Badges That Display In The In-Game Profile?
There are 10 different coins that count how many beatpoints you have and they come with different pictures on them for each different point value/denomination.
- The 1 beatpoint coin has a small triangle on it.
- The 5 beatpoints coin has a slightly larger triangle on it.
- The 25 beatpoints coin has a music note on it.
- The 125 beatpoints coin also has a music note on it, but the background is blue.
- The 500 beatpoints coin has a dashing Blue Square on it.
- The 2,500 beatpoints coin has all 4 Player Characters on it.
- The 10,000 beatpoints coin has a Plant’s face on it.
- The 50,000 beatpoints coin has The Boss’ default form on it.
- The 250,000 beatpoints coin has The Boss’ two-eyed form on it.
- The 1,000,000 beatpoints coin has one of the three Big Triangles on it.
All the beatpoint coins have either a blue, red, or purple shade for the background, while the “picture” is white, except the first one and the last one. The first one has a small, dark triangle and the last one has a sort of gradient background with the two main colors of the game, light blue and pinkish-red.
Explanatory image attached below.