This page covers how to unlock Zinogre in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne! Keep reading to find out when you’ll encounter the thunder wolf wyvern, and how to make that happen.
How to Unlock Zinogre in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
1. Beat the Game
Nope, you won’t see Zinogre at all while playing through Iceborne’s story. You must first get to the end credits, then you’ll be close to meeting the thunder wolf wyvern.
2. Go to the Guiding LandsSee
After credits roll, the NPCs will have a few words to share with you. Go talk to the Field Team Leader in Seliana, prepare to follow Ruiner Nergigante, then depart to Elder’s Recess with them. Follow The Handler through these strange new lands to be treated to an amazingly awesome cutscene featuring the one-and-only Zinogre.
3. Increase Analysis Level
After this first encounter with Zinogre, unlocking it works as a sort of tutorial for the Guiding Lands as a whole. Return to the Guiding Lands – you’ll notice a marker in the top right for Fanged Wyvern Analysis Progress. You’ll need to max this out to be able to lure out Zinogre using the analyzed tracks.
There are three ways to do this:
- Break Monsters Parts Find a monster in the Guiding Lands, and break a part. This is the only way to guarantee your current analysis progress level will go up – including the Fanged Wyvern track you’re working on for Zinogre. Also, this only works once per individual monster, so it may be most efficient to go from monster to monster breaking parts. Also, try to go after other Fanged Wyverns like Girros — this will increase your Fanged Wyvern analysis level by two!
- Signs of Turf War. There are special tracks in areas that are marked as “Signs of a Turf War.” Collecting these will either unlock new special tracks to analyze, or increase your current level, depending on what type of monster left it behind.
- Kill Monsters! Killing or capturing a monster in the Guiding Lands only gives you a chance to unlock new special tracks to analyze or increase your current track’s levels, but the type of monster doesn’t matter much. It seems random regardless.
4. Lure Out Zinogre
Once you’ve finished analyzing the Fanged Wyvern special tracks by breaking monster parts, killing monsters, and collecting signs of turf wars, talk to the handler back at camp (you don’t have to leave the Guiding Lands). Lure out Zinogre to a biome of your choosing, then go find it!
5. Capture Zinogre
Unfortunately, even after luring out a Zinogre like this, you still won’t be able to find it in an optional quest. Make sure to pick up its tracks to potentially unlock investigations for it, and capture it to unlock its Special Arena quest, that way you can fight it again easily.
You May Also Like
- Nightshade Paolumu Strategy & Weakness.
- Beotodus Strategy & Weakness.
- Banbaro Strategy & Weakness.
- Viper Tobi-Kadachi Strategy & Weakness.
- Coral Pukei-Pukei Strategy & Weakness.
- Barioth Strategy & Weakness.
- Nargacuga Strategy & Weakness.
- Glavenus Strategy & Weakness.
- Tigrex Strategy & Weakness.
- Brachydios Strategy & Weakness.
- Velkhana Strategy & Weakness.
- ALL GUIDES →
You May Also Like
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Where to Find Monster Slogbone
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Nargacuga Strategy & Weakness
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Banbaro Strategy & Weakness
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Velkhana Strategy & Weakness
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Coral Pukei-Pukei Strategy & Weakness