I’ve played for a few days now and have some things I’d wish I knew when I started.
Tips and Tricks
- Dying is ok. Even if you lose your super dude, keep on going. The first time I took down the boss was with a fresh clone.
- Most guns have both single shot and rapid fire, this can be key to preserving ammo. Most of the skinned/prisoner/spider ect can be taken out with a single shot, even with a weak smg.
- Do not pick up everything you find, you’ll just ruin your dodge chance. Items don’t despawn so just leave them on the floor or put the mats in a container near the crafting table. Keep a 3 stack of tin cans.
- The demons that appear after a kill or from an enemy take a turn or two to become real (can’t be shot), so use that time to reload or put some space between you and them.
- Rotate your view by right clicking in the direction you want to look. You can only see enemies you are facing and it does not take an action, so do it often.
- Consider evacuating after getting a crafting chip or new merc data. You don’t have to complete the whole mission and in fact, this is the best way to get new gear and level up you skills. Play the map a few times!
- Before a mission you can unload any weapon you have plans for to get as much ammo you need (another reason to evac after getting new plans).
Hope this helps and good luck!