How to uncensor the Rust chat in less than 5 minutes.
Hello, as someone who is active in the rust chat quite a bit I’ve taken note of the many people complaining about censorship.
For example if I say “I love sucking ♥♥♥♥♥” then majority of chat will see “I love sucking *****”, this has annoyed some people.
Luckily for us there is a way to turn it off, if you follow the steps below you should be able to see everything typed into chat without even needing to restart your game.
- Open the Steam overlay (or just Steam).
- Go to Steam Preferences (click your username in the top right and press preferences).
- Scroll down to the “COMMUNITY CONTENT PREFERENCES” section.
- Find the “CHAT FILTERING” subsection.
- Under “LANGUAGE PREFERENCES” select “Do not filter strong profanity or slurs”.
- Close the overlay, no need to press save or anything. The game should automatically remove the censorship from chat.