List of Traits
You will be given the option to select up to three Traits that can affect how you play the game after selecting your Background.
Each trait might have a combination of benefits and drawbacks, such as higher status with one religion or group compared to another. Traits are entirely optional. You can choose up to three (as long as they don’t clash) to challenge yourself or give your character a richer backstory.
The following list is based on pre-release video from E3, Bethesda and Microsoft press conferences, as well as other pre-release data. As more information becomes available as launch day approaches, more will be added.
- Dream Home – You own a small house on a peaceful little moon, but it comes with a 50,000 credit mortgage with Galbank.
- Hero Worshiped – You’ve earned the attention of an annoying “Adoring Fan” who will show up randomly and jabber at you incessantly. On the plus side, he’ll join your ship’s crew and give you gifts…
- Introvert – You really need your alone time. Exerting yourself uses less oxygen when adventuring alone, but more when adventuring with other human companions. (can’t be combined with Extrovert).
- Kid Stuff – Your parents are live and well, and you can visit them at their home. But you will automatically send 2% of your credits home to them every week.
- Neon Street Rat – You grew up on the mean streets of Neon. You gain access to special dialogue options, and better rewards from some missions on Neon. Crime bounty by other factions is greatly increased. (Can’t be combined with other faction allegiance traits.)
- Raised Enlightened – You grew up as a member of the Enlightened. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the House of the Enlightened in New Atlantis, but lose access to the Sanctum Universum Chest. (Can’t be combined with any other religion trait.)
- Raised Universal – You grew up as a member of the Sanctum Universum. You gain access to a special chest full of items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis, but lose access to the House of the Enlightened Chest. (Can’t be combined with any other religion trait.)
- Serpent’s Embrace – You grew up worshiping the Great Serpent. Grav jumping provides a temporary boost to health and endurance, but health and endurance are lowered if you don’t continue jumping regularly – like an addiction. (Can’t be combined with any other religious traits)
- Spaced – Your body has become acclimated to space. Health and endurance are increased when in space, but decreased when on the surface. (Can’t be combined with Terra Firma)
- Terra Firma – Your body is used to being on the ground. Health and endurance are increased when on the surface, but decreased when in space. (Can’t be combined with Spaced)
- Wanted – You deal increased damage at low health, but Bounty Hunters may sometimes appear to attack you without warning.