Checklists and other stuff for the Kestral TP 100.
START UP Check-List:
– Enable ALL electrics in side wall breakers panel
* Check all lights except engine are off in alerts panel
* If master alert beeping hit the button under the flashing red light to stop the sound
– If battery under 80% battery/electrics alert will be on; Enable APU in overhead panel and wait for the alert to shut down
* If APU light blinking twice and then stopping check APU fuel
– Enable NAV lights
– Set pilot camera to top camera and check surroundings for safe engine startup
– Enable both generators in overhead panel and setup in HIGH
– Throttle to 40% and engage compressor 1 in front panel
– Wait for the RPS gauge of engine 1 to go over 1.30 rps and DISENGAGE compressor 1
– Check in pilot camera or outside view that left propeller is turning
– Check in overhead panel that Generator 1 output is greater than 0
– Engage compressor 2 in front panel and wait for engine 2 RPS to be over 1.20
– Check propeller 2 is turning and RPS steady or increasing
– Check generator 2 output is greater than 0
– Disable APU if still enabled and set generator in LOW for less fuel consumption.
* Deppending on the use of hydraulics you may get a battery alert, usually right after landing when throttled down and generators almost idling, I set then in high while taxiing to keep your battery charged for next fly.
– Disengage compressor 2
END OF STARTUP
Set Throttle to 10-15% and propellers to 1 to taxi.
* AD for turning the front wheels 1 to toggle brakes, you can brake when throttled.
Set Throttle 50%, propellers to 1 and wait for lift, then gear UP.
Throttle 40% and enable landing flaps (actually more like spoilers). I recommend using pitch director and joystick centered, that will zero your VSpeed then use WS to control descent.