We have just been Cyberpunked. Optimized Settings for Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update.
Optimized Settings For DX12 with Minimal Visual Loss
- Ray Tracing Global Illumination – On *(Turn this off aswell if your game crashes as all three Ray Tracing settings needs to be turned on for a bug.)
- Ray Traced Reflection – Off
- Ray Traced Shadows – Off
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion – Off
- Anti-aliasing – DLSS (Balanced) or FSR 2.0 (Wait for patch to fix it)
- Sharpening – Off
- Motion Blur – On or as needed
- Blur – On or as needed
- Bloom – On or as needed
- Depth of Field – On
- Chromatic Aberration – Off or as needed
- Vignetting – Off or as needed
- Light Shafts – On
- Camera Lens Effects – On or as needed
- Nvidia Hairworks – Off
- Number of Background Characters – Ultra
- Shadow Quality – High
- Terrain Quality – Ultra
- Water Quality – High
- Foliage Visibility Range – High
- Grass Density – High
- Texture Quality – Ultra+
- Detail Level – Ultra
Best Settings for Everyone if You Dont Want Ray Tracing
We have just been Cyberpunked. I am using an RTX 3070 and Ryzen 7 3700x with 32Gigs 3200Mhz ram gets about barely 60fps on Ultra + with dlss set to quality and RTX Off on DX12.
On the other hand with DX11 and make sure Anti Aliasing is set to TAAU and on Ultra + there is no visual difference from DX12 and the FPS is 100+.
They just added DX12 for Nvidias gimmick called RTX and DLSS, My GPU barely uses 40% on DX12 and CPU aswell.
We cant complain only because this upgrade was free. But Nvidia is ruining the game industry with DLSS for which the developers are becoming lazy and not optimizing their games properly. My personal opinion play it on DX11.