How to launch Game if it is not showing up on Uplay launcher
Sometimes Uplay launcher does not respond, showing error messages like “There is a problem connecting to Uplay service. We’ll restore the connection as soon as we can” or “Your games will appear here”, even though you have succesfully purchased the game via Steam. This guide will tell you what to do if you ever find yourself in such a situation.
Uplay has been discontinued by Ubisoft
That means any Ubisoft game you purchase will not be displayed on the Uplay launcher anymore. Instead Ubisoft now uses Ubisoft Connect as its main launcher.
You can use your Uplay account to login to your Ubisoft account without any loss in progress as all games/items/achievments are synced between the two launchers
How do I launch the game I just purchased?
- Go to Local Disk(C:)>Program Files (x86)>Ubisoft
- Delete this folder completely
- Download Ubisoft Connect Launcher from your browser and login/create new account
- Verify your email when it asks you to do so
- Launch the game (in this case,Watch Dogs 1) from Steam
- This time it should launch Ubisoft Connect instead of Uplay
- Ubisoft connect should now ask you to link your Ubisoft account with your Steam account
- Link your account and wait for a few seconds
- The game should launch now
Be the first to comment