How to See the Exact Needs of the Population
I strongly suggest you go into your settings and change the Game “Tooltip Mode” to “Action Lock” because you’re about to get the sad.
- Select a “state” (one of the territories on the map).
- Select the ‘Population’ tab.
- Scroll down to the pop categories and select a ‘golden chevron’ (drop down list). You should now see the specific pops within that category.
- To the right of each pop should be their standard of living (starving, struggling, impoverished, secure, etc). Place your cursor over the standard of living until you get the pop-up box to lock.
- In the pop-up box there should be the word wealth with a number next to it (the pop’s wealth level) Mouse over the NUMBER next to the word wealth. Wait for the new pop-up box to lock.
- In this 2nd pop-up box titled ‘Wealth’ there is the orange word ‘needs’ and next to it should be a red negative number. Mouse over the NUMBER to get a 3rd and FINAL pop-up box titled ‘pop Needs’.
This final box contains each “need” that that pop has, and how much money they spent on it. If you mouse over the name of the need you will get a list of substitute good that fulfill the need. If you mouse over the number, the amount of money they spent, you will get a breakdown of what exactly they purchased as a quantity and a percentage of the funds they spent on it.
As far as I can tell there is no comprehensive list of ALL needs that pops can have in the game but I’ve found 14 that activate and deactivate at different pop-wealth levels. I posted a list in the discussions recently if you can find it.