This guide shows a recommended build for the Kuva Nukor, along with recommendations for mods and arcanes that go with the weapon.
Information about the weapon:
- The weapon has a max rank of 40. In order to obtain this level the player must forma the weapon at least 5 times, due to this feature the player gains an additional 4,000 mastery points.
- The weapon works similar to its predecessor, the Nukor. Except the Kuva Nukor will chain to the closest enemy within 9 meters and chain up to 4 times, even though every chained enemy after the first receives reduced damage it still, Nukes.
- This weapon is primarily a crowd dependent weapon and excels in groups of enemies. Single target enemies, such as bosses, aren’t recommended, but can still work.
Kuva Element Chart
With this weapon you get the option of having a bonus Kuva Element which caps at 60%.
My recommended Kuva Elements would be:
- Electricity – Isn’t incorporated into the damage of this weapon due to it being used to combine into Corrosive damage which Reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds and stacks up to 10 times to a max cap of 80%. Corrosive is good if you are going against mid-level Grineer and late level Infested.
- Heat – Deals 50% base damage as Heat, causes the targets to panic, and strips up to 50% Armor. Even though I went with Electricity, Heat would be good if you were mainly going against lower level Infested enemy or lower level Grineer.
I do not recommend the option of Radiation, because:
- Radiation – Causes enemies to be confused and attack allies by 100% damage for 12 seconds, stacking up to 10 times at a max cap of 550%. Now, the elemental damage is good against late level Grineer, Corpus Robotics, and Sinew armored infested enemies, such as enemies on Deimos. This however is useless only on the status effect side, due to the enemies panicking from Heat damage the enemies will generally die before they even start attacking each other. I just don’t recommend it do to the status effect.
Advantages vs. Disadvantages
Stats about the weapon:
- Has the Highest Critical Multiplier of all weapons in game.
- Pinpoint accuracy at 100%.
- Only consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- No Physical Damage, only Radiation Damage. (But that is okay)
- Very low Critical Chance, but due to the fire rate it works pretty well around 15-20%.
- Damage ramps from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing and after not firing for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Low range.
Even though the weapon has a low Critical Chance, building for slight crit is worth it. If every tick of damage only consumes 0.5 ammo that means that with every actual bullet you have “Technically” a 30% Critical Chance per bullet. The fire rate is 16.00, with lethal torrent mod, which makes it so you have more of a chance to get a crit per second. This in turn makes the weapon extremely effective, especially in large crowds.
Recommended Other Mods
Recommended other mods:
- Pistol Gambit – If you don’t have Primed Pistol Gambit.
- Target Cracker – If you don’t have Primed Target Cracker.
- Heated Charge – If you don’t have Primed Heated Charge.
- Trick Mag – This is a coin toss really. If you have a carrier to convert you ammo, use Trick Mag. If you don’t, use Pistol Ammo Mutation.
Mods to NOT use:
- Magnum Force – It is expensive to max out, the only way I would suggest this is if you want to use it in place of Heated Charge, if you have Primed Heated Charge use that. I will say this once and only once. You LOSE damage with Magnum Force! DO NOT USE IT. Why use it and lose accuracy and damage…
Ways to Increase Critical Chance and Damage
On top of this there are several other ways to enhance Critical Chance and Damage for this weapon:
- Rhino’s Roar adds a pretty nice damage bonus, with mine being at 169%.
- Mirage’s Eclipse mixed with her Hall of Mirrors adds a huge bonus to damage for this weapon, during the day or in light. With mine being around 330% in light and 30% otherwise.
- Banshee’s Sonar gives a huge damage multiplier, mine is 9.95x.
- Harrow’s Covenant can add up to 50% Critical Chance.
- Adarza Kavat with Cat’s Eye can give weapons a 60% boost.
Arcane Avenger: Upon getting hit, 21% chance for 45% Critical Chance for 12 seconds.
Arcane Pistoleer: Upon Headshot kill with Pistol, 60% chance for 102% Ammo efficiency for 12 seconds.
Arcane Awakening: On reload, 60% chance for 150% damage to pistols for 24 seconds.
Arcane Precision: On Headshot, 100% chance for 300% damage for 18 seconds.