This guide shows recommended builds for the Kuva Kohm against all factions in Warframe. On top of these builds are recommended mods and arcanes that fit well with the weapon.
Information about the weapon:
- The Kuva Kohm is obtained from either vanquishing a Kuva Lich or trading from another player, a Kuva Lich that they conquered.
- Has a mastery rank requirement of 13.
- The weapon has a max rank of 40. In order to obtain this level the player must forma the weapon at least 5 times, due to this feature the player gains an additional 4,000 mastery points. The builds in this guide require 5 forma.
- This weapon excels in mainly single target slaughter, but can handle small to large crowds depending on the level of enemy.
- This weapon has 2 ways of damage, either single pellet or fully spooled, with fully spooled dealing the most damage but requiring 4 shells per shot.
Kuva Element Recommendation
With this weapon you get the option of having a bonus Kuva Element which caps at 60% based off the progenitor warframe you choose to spawn the Kuva Lich.
My recommended Kuva Element would be:
- Toxin – Toxin is incorporated into my Corpus build, in which toxin deals 50% base damage per second for 6 seconds.
Advantages Vs. Disadvantages
Stats about the weapon:
- High Slash Damage of 12 on Single Pellet and 144 Fully Spooled
- High Critical Chance of 19%
- Very High overall Status Chance of 90% as a Single Pellet, but 7.5% Fully Spooled
- Has a 1.5 meter punch-through, but only as a single pellet
- Very Poor Ammo Efficiency, as I said before at full spool it consumes 4 shells per shot
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 6.25% from 13m to 26m
- Has very low accuracy at full spool the further away the target is.
Corpus: Up to Level 140
The Elements for the Kuva Kohm against the Corpus will be Magnetic/Toxin. Magnetic amplifies shield damage by 100% and nullifies regen of shields for 6 seconds which stacks up to 10 times for a total of 325%, meanwhile Toxin deals 50% base damage per second over 6 seconds. Like most of my builds this is extremely powerful against human corpus and mid-tier robotic enemies, but suffers against high-tier robotic enemies, such as the bursa.
Corrupted & Grineer: Up to Level 140
The Elements for the Kuva Kohm against the Corrupted and Grineer will be Viral/Heat. Viral amplifies health damage by 100% for 6 seconds and stacks up to 10 times for a total of 325%, meanwhile heat deals 50% base damage per second over 6 seconds while stripping up to 50% armor and causes targets to panic. Viral makes it so you don’t really have to worry to much about armor that the enemy has, while the heat halves armor after 2 seconds of proccing. Viral is usually a good go to element when a weapon has mainly slash damage, and is better then corrosive due to just ignoring armor.
Infested: Up to Level 140
The Elements for the Kuva Kohm against the Infested will be Corrosive/Heat. Corrosive reduces armor by 26% for 8 seconds and stacks up to 10 times for a total of 80%. The status effects for Corrosive and Heat actually don’t matter too much and is merely around for just the increased damage. Corrosive is good against fossilized armor infested, while heat is good against all flesh and infested flesh.
Recommended Alternative Mods
Recommended Good Mods:
- Primed Shotgun Ammo Mutation/Shotgun Ammo Mutation – If you can’t keep up with the ammo loss when having Vigilante Supplies then I suggest switching to one of these mods.
- Blunderbuss – It’s just so weak when compared to Laser Sight, all you have to do is get one headshot and bam you instantly have 30% more critical chance.
- Vigilante Armaments – I suggest just putting these other Vigilante mods on your sentinel instead.
Ways to enhance Critical Chance and Damage
There are several ways to enhance Critical Chance and Damage for this weapon:
- Rhino’s Roar adds bonus damage.
- Mirage’s Eclipse mixed with her Hall of Mirrors adds a massive damage bonus during the day or in light.
- Nova’s Molecular Prime makes all sources of damage increase by 100% against primed enemies, on top of that they will detonate upon death dealing blast damage.
- Banshee’s Sonar gives a huge damage Multiplier.
- Harrow’s Covenant can add up to 50% Critical Chance and 200% on headshots.
- Adarza Kavat with Cat’s Eye can give a 60% Critical Chance boost.
- Smeeta Kavat with Charm can give 200% Crit Chance.
- Arcane Rage – On Headshot, 15% chance for 180% damage to Primary Weapons for 24 seconds.
- Arcane Primary Charger – On Melee Kill, 30% chance for 300% damage to Primary Weapons for 12 seconds.
- Arcane Avenger – Upon damaged, 21% chance for 45% Critical Chance for 12 seconds.
- Arcane Acceleration – On Critical Hit, 30% chance for 90% Fire Rate for 9 seconds.