This page contains information on how to make and save money in World of Warcraft Classic.
Making Money In WoW Classic
If you’ve played World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, you know how easy it is to rake in heaps of gold without really trying. Quests rewards, looting in dungeons, even selling trash to vendors can award serious cash.
This is not the case in World of Warcraft Classic.
Read on to learn how to make the most of the limited resources you’ll have in Blizzard’s groundbreaking original MMO.
- Know What You Need (And What You Don’t) – If you are going to play a Feral Druid, you don’t need to buy every rank of Starfire. Make sure you save your gold for the key spells and abilities you use constantly. You can always train your other abilities later, if you need them.
- Visit Vendors Frequently – Bag space is extremely limited in WoW Classic, especially in earlier levels, and for non-tailors. Because of this, your bags will quickly become full. It can be a hassle, but you’ll make much more money in the long run if you pick up everything and frequently return to village vendors to sell it. It may not seem like much at first, but the money adds up.
- Azerothian Pickers – While we recommend selling every grey item to a vendor, it’s also extremely important to be aware of the value of white-quality items. Several AddOns exist which can track the value of items (whether to vendors, or on the Auction House), so consider downloading one to avoid losing out on cash.
- The Auction House – There are no two ways about it; the Auction House is one of the absolute best places to make money in WoW Classic, especially if you know how to take advantage of it. Consider downloading an Auction House AddOn/Mod to help you set competitive prices for your wares and you’ll be resting atop a pile of gold in no time.
- Enchanted, I’m Sure – Enchanting is a fantastic way to ensure you’ll make cash off of otherwise useless, soulbound quest rewards, and green-quality equipment you have a hard time selling on the Auction House. Disenchant the item and you’ll have a much more useful Essence, Dust, or Shard to sell, instead.
- Professions, Professions – It’s relatively easy to make money with almost any profession, but some are easier (and less time-intensive) than others. If you play on a big raiding server, consider crafting and selling Alchemy potions, Blacksmithing armor and weapons, Tailoring bags and robes, Enchanting buffs, etc. to players about to dive into Molten Core.
- Gathering Professions – Crafting professions such as Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Engineering, Leatherworking, etc. can make money, but they also cost money (and time) to train up. If you want a grab-and-go option, consider picking up two of the following gathering professions; Herbalism, Mining, Skinning. Enchanting can be both a gathering profession (scrapping old or useless green, blue, and even purple quality items), and a crafting profession (creating all manner of buffs for equipment).
Be the first to comment