This guide will help you to obtain all achievements in the game.
Note that this is ordered by the time you can get them, Since some achievements have a prerequisite in the previous chapters, just make sure to interact with everything that you can find to get all achievements.
It pays to pay attention
Find the keys in the high school.
Chapter 1. Obtained after you find Jack and his key.
The worst night of your life
Survive your high school reunion.
Chapter 2. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
Answer the call
Escape the hydro dam.
Chapter 3. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
Find a way through the trailer park.
Chapter 4. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
Regain your senses in the hospital.
Chapter 5. Obtained after you get your pills.
Checked yourself out
Leave the hospital.
Chapter 6. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
Get the frozen key in the sawmill.
Chapter 6. After you solve the red and blue switch puzzle, exit the room. There are two rooms that you can access here. One is has a microwave and the other has a frozen hand. Once you find the frozen hand, thaw it in the microwave.
Lower lumber support
Discover a way out of the sawmill.
Chapter 7. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
Whatchou readin’ for?
Make your way out of the library.
Chapter 8. Obtained at the start of the chapter.
The way out is through
Make it back to the lobby in the second high school.
Chapter 8. Obtained after you unlock the padlock to return to the lobby.
- Difficulty-related achievements, obtainable after the credits.
Survive the entire night (on any difficulty).
Despite the explanation, you need to beat the game on normal difficulty for this.
Finish the game on Hard difficulty.
A neverending nightmare
Finish the game on Nightmare difficulty.
Nightmare difficulty will be unlocked after you beat the game on hard difficulty.
Mix It Up
Order a mixed beverage at Sam’s.
Once you enter Sam’s, he’ll ask you for a drink. Choose the middle one.
Order a frosty one at Sam’s.
Once you enter Sam’s, he’ll ask you for a drink. Choose the left one.
The classy one
Order a glass of red at Sam’s.
Once you enter Sam’s, he’ll ask you for a drink. Choose the right one.
Cold, black and infinite
Get caught by one of the unseen horrors.
Just get captured by the invisible enemy.
Just made it
Escape to another room and hide.
Trigger a chase scene with the invisible enemy. You just need to run when it sees you. Escape to another room and hide. You also can get this easily in chapter 8. There is a mandatory chase scene and you can find a locker nearby.
Out of sight, out of mind
Escape Grace’s house without being seen in the trailer park.
Self-explanatory. After you get the Heart Key, exit Grace’s house without being seen. You just need to hurry and crawl beneath the rubbles to reach the exit.
Read three important letters in the trailer park.
After you input the right code for the clock, go to these places:
- The first room that you see right after you exit the room with the clock. It has a red wallpaper. Interact with the horse photoframe.
- Unmissable. In the same room as the first letter, interact with the shelf next to the bed. This is where you get the Heart Key.
- Inside the room where you use the Heart Key, near the bed. It’s a letter to Virgil.
Use all three x-rays in the hospital.
- In the west ward, enter the second room from the left. Interact with the body on the floor.
- In the middle room, inside Director Martin Hoffman office. Interact with the desk.
- In the east ward, in the first room from the left. It’s inside the safe.
- The X-ray machine is on the next room from the last X-ray.
The downward spiral
Investigate what Jack has been up to..
Not sure if all of these are needed, but these are everything that are related to Jack that I could find. I got the achievement at the last point.
- Chapter 5. In the hospital, in the west ward, head to the second room from the left. Interact with the folder. It says that Jack was assaulted by Grace’s father but he dropped the charges on him.
- Chapter 5. In the same room as above, inside the cabinet with the lock mechanism. Interact with the crossed out photo on the left side. It’s a photo of him visiting Grace’s grave. There is a word LiAr in it.
- Chapter 6. At the beginning of the chapter, interact with the work schedule on the left side of the door.
- Chapter 6. At the beginning of the chapter, interact with the locker on the right side of the door.
- Chapter 6. After you solve the red and blue button puzzle, head out. Head left and enter the first accessible room that you can find. Interact with the locker to get Rusty Key.
- Chapter 6. In the same room as above, interact with the things near the TV. It will say about how Jack was causing trouble at work, showing up late, and often being in a “disorderly state”.
- Chapter 6. After you find the Rusty Key, enter the orange door in the hallway (it’s the second room from the right). Walk to the next two rooms. Interact with the table.
Discover what happened to Vanessa.
Not sure if all of these are needed, but these are everything that are related to Vanessa that I could find. I got the achievement at the last point.
- Chapter 5. In the hospital, in the west ward, head to the second room from the left. Open the lock mechanism and interact with the cabinet. There is a photo of Vanessa in the top right corner. It’s a photo with her head scribbled over and has ADdiCT written in it.
- Chapter 6. After you find the Rusty Key, enter the orange door in the hallway (it’s the second room from the right). Walk until the light is out, then interact with the blue thingy.
- Chapter 6. In the next two rooms after the previous point. There is Vanessa’s purse on the table, on the left side. Interact with the key, tablets, and paper.
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before
Read about a very familiar story.
Read the book on the left of the Bruce Murray statue in the second floor, left room.
The future looks bright
Read the newspaper article about space travel.
Head to the basement and read the book on the far left.
A real bookworm
Read every book in the library.
Self-explanatory. You’ll get the achievement after you reach the room where you can scan the 3 books to progress the game.
Uncover a disturbing operation throughout town.
I’m not sure if you need to interact with other things, but I got the achievement at the last point.
Interact with everything related to Jack (The downward spiral achievement)
- Chapter 5. In the hospital, in the west ward, head to the first room from the left. Interact with the patient report next to the clean bed.
- Chapter 5. In the hospital, in the west ward, head to the second room from the left. Open the lock mechanism and interact with the cabinet. Click on everything. There are 3 photos, 1 note plastered on the left side, and another note on the right side.
- Chapter 6. In the sawmill, in the room where the red and blue button puzzle is, there is a corpse if you go to the far right.
- Chapter 6. In the sawmill, inside the second room where you use the Rusty Key, interact with the cigarette pack and beer on the table.
- Chapter 6. In the sawmill, in the next room from above, interact with Vanessa’s purse and check the pills and letter.
- Chapter 7. In the library, inside the room that you unlock with an Ornate Key. Read the first book that you can read upon entering the area.
- Chapter 8. After the mandatory chase scene, interact with the rightmost cabinet.
Use all three slides in the high school projector.
Projector slide locations:
- Storage room (the room where you use the Bloody Key), in the cabinet on the far left.
- Art room. Solve the puzzle with the paintings.
- Projector room, you need the key from the music room to open the cabinet.
Survive the night on any difficulty without ever getting caught.
Self-explanatory. Just Alt + F4 whenever you get caught. I advise to get this on nightmare difficulty. You will only have 1 life in that difficulty anyway.
Like a ghost
Complete the story on any difficulty without alerting a single monster.
You are alerting a monster if the song changed to a guitar one and the monster is chasing you across the room (the mandatory chase scene in chapter 8 doesn’t count). Just Alt + F4 whenever you get caught. I advise to get this on nightmare difficulty to grab it with Flawless victory.