Simple, quick guide to hopefully make it so you can start your game for the first time.
Doesn’t use compatibility checks. Would you believe Windows 10 comes shipped with no legacy support?
Let’s Fix This
Getting Access Violation or other weird errors that result in the game telling you to open logs? This should hopefully fix it. No compatibility checks or any other weird stuff. Windows 10 does not come shipped with legacy support, let’s fix this.
- Press Windows + R key to open the “Run” command
- Enter “appwiz.cpl”
- In this new menu, on the left hand side there’s “turn windows features on/off”. Click that.
- Find “Legacy Components” and make sure that and its child, DirectPlay, are both checkmarked.
- Click OK, and things should happen.
- Set amrts.exe to run as admin.