For some strange reason, this offline legacy game collection needs an always online connection, so let’s fix that. Be warned, you cannot earn any achievements when playing offline, so my recommendation, unlock them all if this is your cup of tea and then do the procedure (mind you, it’s not a permanent procedure).
Guide to Play Offline
Step by Step
- Download this zip file. Please note that I did not create those files, I found them on the Internet.
- Unzip the content and copy content in you Steam’s common folder (the default folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, if your games are on another drive than the C:\ drive, then you’ll need to find it yourself)
- Now go into the MegaMan2 folder inside your Steam’s common folder.
- You’ll now see an Online and Offline folder, move the sdkencryptedappticket64.dll and steam_api64.dll files into the Online folder.
- Now copy sdkencryptedappticket64.dll, steam_api64.dll and ALI213.ini files from the Offline into the MegaMan2 folder.
- Launch the game as usual and enjoy it offline!