Recently after reinstalling the game after a while I noticed that the game was lagging significantly in the menu, and in-game, It didn’t feel right since everything about my drivers were updated and my PC easily meets the hardware requirements for Ultra.
But fortunately, I got it to work again and I want to share how to do it in steps if you got the same problem. I hope it helps out!
Option 1: Task Manager CPU Core Usage Fix
- Launch the game and have it running.
- Keep the game running, now hit the keys CTRL + ALT + DELETE simultaneously to open your Task manager.
- Go to ”Details” in task manager
- Right click on the game. (It’s easier to find it if you sort your list order by memory to get it on/near the top)
- When Right clicked on the game, click on ”Set affinity”
- Make sure all the cores are enabled but most important of all the checkbox that says ”Use all cores” aswell.
- Now you can close the task manager and it should run smoothly.
Option 2: Windows 11 Upgrade
The next option what might work for others is to upgrade to Windows 11, but first you should consider the 1st option.