There are a variety of event you’ll rapidly hit upon whilst playing the game. here’s a few that i’ve seen so far:
- Gives you a choice of one of two random items when opened.
- Usually are very beneficial upgrades, but can be ignored entirely if you don’t want either item.
- The game threats that taking these items is a negative thing but I’m not sure if there is any actual effect from taking them.
- hey merry christmas you’re a pebble now
- Move diagonally along the yellow boxes to collect coins. Certain ones are worth more.
- Ideally, you’ll want to also head towards one of the boxes at the bottom which are open-ended. Achieving this counts as “winning” the minigame, and you’ll get to keep the coins you’ve collected.
- Not winning means you get nothing, simple as that really.
- Like The Chest, but you can acquire both items on offer
- Items cost money, but again you can simply leave if neither item appeals to you.
- You get achievements for both leaving without buying anything and for buying both items.
- kind of a mixed bag event tbqh, i usually get better stuff from the chests.
- Does one of two things
- If you’re at full health, she will offer a HP increase for money
- If you’re not, she will heal you to full health for a very tiny amount of money.
- Always worth grabbing the HP upgrade if its available, tbh.
- Upgrades a random item in your inventory
- Entirely optional, though frankly I don’t see why you would bypass it if you have the money since these are rarely negative.
- Likely the first negative event you’ll encounter
- As the name implies, it does a spooky scare at you and takes away a random amount of health from you. As in, it reduces your maximum.
- As far as I know, this is only temporary for the following fight, and upon winning said fight you regain it all back.
- Mostly a minor annoyance as a result.
The Cursed Chest:
- Rather than giving you anything, this chest spawns a monster that will take a random item in your possession away from you.
- You cannot get the item back, it’s gone for good.
- There’s PROBABLY a status effect on an item you can get which will prevent this from happening? Probably?? I’ve never seen anything that would potentially do so though.
- Not usually a massive setback in my experience, but more of an active issue than the jumpscare event.
- Sometimes you’ll come across monsterfolk that don’t wish to fight, but merely talk at you very fast and then ask you a question about something they just said.
- These questions are always yes/no questions about a specific fact of what they just said, usually stated near the beginning of the speech for the sake of making it fairer on you.
- Pay attention when they come up and they won’t be much of an issue, not that I’m exactly aware of any inherent negative effects from answering them incorrectly.
- Sometimes you will come across a lovely lad who will kindly state that they will kill you unless you pay 10 coins.
- They are not bluffing. Pay the 10 coins.
- There MIGHT be a chance that not paying will let you proceed anyway but I’ve not gotten it enough times to find out.