Tips for VR Players
- Learn how to fly and all control first.
- Save the control layout file from the game folder for each configuration for easily switching between mouse/keybord and hotas controls.
- Same for graphic configuration for easily switching between screen and vr. You will be not be able to play VR with the same settings as the regular screen play.
- For VR, supersampling will kill performance.
- For VR Look to change the HUD color from orange to a more eye friendly color like green or light blue. ED HUD mod will help with that.
- Most controls can be triggered by the ships UI.
- Functions like extract/retract landing gear or activate/deactivate the ships headlights or nightvision are not time critical and can be used via the UI.
- IIRC the standard binding for the saitek/logitech joystick binds all buttons needed for the UI navigation (with left/right & up/down on one hat, and with UI focus, select & exit to buttons).
- All time critical functions should be on stick or throttle.
- Controls like fire weapons & countermeasures, target selection, leaving/entering frameshift, ect…
- IIRC those are also predefined in the standard binding.
Bonus Random Tips
- However its possible to use a camera screen shot view to attach it to your characters face witch then enables the 1st person view witch can be done anywhere on foot to explore the game world.
- Combat with on foot guns can be used in many different camera angles in VR.
- You will have to follow the gun shot fire rounds to hit the enemy target.
- There is no Hud witch is why i do it this way.
- If your fighting in a on-foot conflict zone and cant see witch enemy to shoot because you don’t have a visible Hud as i explained previously.
- Then you might say well how’s that going work with no visible Hud?
- In VR everything is scaled 1.1 witch means you can see the smallest details at distance.
- All you need to do is look for a small red light located at the bottom of an enemies back.
- Your Ai team will have a green light instead.
- You can also look at the movement of your team and use them as cover as it will help you to not get shot as much.
- With no Hud you will get shot more.
- Voice attack can be assigned to recharging your suit’s energy cell and health so you NEVER need to leave FULL VR on foot again.