A guide to completing all achievements in Gears Tactics.
- Most achievements can be completed on easier difficulties – so if you’re having trouble with any particular achievement, try setting the difficulty lower.
- Some achievements can be mutually exclusive, such as Aw man, I shot Marvin in the face (Down a Gear with friendly fire) and I am Ironman or Immortal Legion, where you do not want your units placed into perilous situations. As such, unlock the former achievement first before attempting the latter achievements.
- Familiarize yourself with the hotkeys, it’ll streamline your playthrough of missions.
This section focuses on achievements associated with the campaign. The achievements have been sorted in order of difficulty (easiest to hardest).
- World on Fire – Complete Act 1 Chapter 1.
- Hell of a shot – This is story based and for unlocking the sniper class at the end of chapter 1 act 4.
- The bigger they are, the harder they fall – The Brumak is encountered toward the end of Act 1 Chapter 6: Into the Fire.
- Maybe too much spine… – This is for completing Act 2 Chapter 3 mission – AWOL.
- Broken hand, broken heart – You encounter the Corpser in Act 2. Chapter 8: Trapped.
- Dead men tell no tales – This achievement is purely story related and will be obtained shortly AFTER Act 3, Chapter 1.
- Champion of Vasgar – Complete all Campaign Acts (any difficulty).
- Hero of Vasgar – Complete all Campaign Acts on Experienced or Insane difficulty.
- Savior of Vasgar – Complete all Campaign Acts on Insane difficulty.
- I am Ironman – Complete the Campaign on any difficulty with Ironman mode enabled.
- Immortal Legion – Complete the campaign on Insane difficulty without a single unit dying.
This section focuses on achievements associated with missions. The achievements have been sorted in order of difficulty (easiest to hardest).
- The path of the righteous man – Complete a mission without any of your units dying or being downed.
This achievement can be easily unlocked during Act 1 Chapter 1, the tutorial mission. Simply follow the directions during the tutorial moments, while being cautious during any engagements. Liberally use Overwatch to deal with any advancing enemies, disturb enemy overwatches with your snub pistol Disrupting Shot ability prior to pushing forward or outflank the enemy otherwise. Diaz’s passive ability and active stim grenade can be utilized to heal lost HP.
- Everyone stay cool, this is a robbery! – Complete a Control side mission.
- Stronger Together – Complete a Rescue side mission.
- Fortuna Audaces Sequitur – Complete a Scavenger Run side mission.
- Smash! Complete a Sabotage side mission.
- God-like – Complete 20 missions without any of your units dying or being downed.
- We’re in the endgame now – Complete a Veteran Mission.
- Immortal – Complete 100 missions without any of your units dying or being downed.
- We should have shotguns for this… – Complete a Veteran Mission with all Scout units.
- I could do this all day – Complete 20 Veteran Missions.
- Ain’t no one like me, ‘cept me! – Complete a mission on Insane difficulty with a single soldier.
- High Noon – Complete a mission by only dealing damage with Snub Pistols.
This section focuses on achievements associated with kills. The achievements have been sorted in order of difficulty (easiest to hardest).
- Grubslayer – Kill 10 enemies.
- Piñata – Kill a single unit that has taken damage from each Gear on the mission.
- BOGO – Kill an enemy, AND an enemy behind it, with a single burst of bullets.
- Tactics! – Perform a chainsaw execution.
This achievement will unlock as part of the tutorial in Act 1 Chapter 1 – simply play through the mission and there will be a prompt to perform a chainsaw execution.
- Tick Tick Tick… – Kill an enemy with a Ticker explosion.
- Grubslaughter – Kill 1000 enemies.
- I’ve got your ‘BOOM’ right here! – Kill a Boomer with a boomshot.
- Trick Shot – Get 4 kills with a single Torque Bow shot.
- Check out the big brain on Brett! – Kill 5 enemies with a single Overwatch action.
- Trouble in Paradise – Empower a Teamworked unit and gain 3 AP from their kills.
- Midnight Hour – Gain AP from the Avenger skill, then use a Rage shot to kill the unit that caused your AP gain.
- Backdoor Man – Kill 6 targets with a single Rampage, after coming out of Cloak.
- The Big Ending – Revive a Scout with Stim ability and then use that Scout to kill at least 5 enemies with Rampage.
- Boom! – Kill 100 enemies with Ticker explosions.
- Grubpocalypse – Kill 10000 enemies.
- Great vengeance and furious anger… – In one turn, Breach 3 enemies; kill one of each with Precision Shot, Reckless Shot and Double Shot.
This section focuses on miscellaneous achievements that don’t fall into the other categories. The achievements have been sorted in order of difficulty (easiest to hardest).
- I never miss – Hit a target with 10% or less chance to hit.
Position your troops in a manner to reduce hit chance – recall that shot distance (in this case farther being better) and enemy cover (half or full, with latter being the best) affect hit chance. Furthermore, place your units in front of the enemy of interest, as any flanking bonus increases your hit chance which you do not want in this instance. Take as many shots as needed to unlock the achievement. Remember, you can always restart a mission if you need more opportunities.
- Oh I’m sorry did I break your concentration? – Interrupt an enemy Overwatch with a Disrupting Shot from the Snub Pistol.
This achievement will unlock as part of the tutorial in Act 1 Chapter 1 – simply play through the mission and there will be a prompt to disrupt an enemy Overwatch.
- Snafu – Heal an enemy unit with a Stim Grenade.
This achievement can be completed in the Act 1 Chapter 1, the tutorial mission. Once you’ve unlocked your grenade abilities in the latter half of the tutorial, damage an enemy unit and then use Diaz’s Stim grenade ability to heal the enemy unit up.
- Aw man, I shot Marvin in the face – Down a Gear with friendly fire.
- Demolition Expert – Close an Emergence Hole before any enemies have emerged.
- Up Up Down Down – Use Alpha and Omega twice each in the same turn.
- Legen (wait for it)… – Upgrade one primary weapon with all Legendary mods.
- …dary! – Upgrade each Hero’s primary weapon with all Legendary mods.
- Happy Killmore – Close an Emergence Hole by kicking a Ticker into it.
- Three Count – Hit with 3 Explosive Shots while having maximum Anchored bonus in a single turn.
- Seriously Tactical – Earn Grubpocalypse, Immortal Legion, I Could Do This All Day and Boom!