How to make your game look less smeary.
Intro and Directions
Arcsys games tend to look very blurry on PC, probably because their games are meant to be able to run on archaic garbage like the Playstation 4, so they use dynamic resolution to make the game not look bad on there.
However, they tend to leave these things untouched in the PC ports, and it makes their games look muddy on PCs, even with high resolutions and graphic settings. To make your game look better, follow these directions.
- Click your start menu button
- Type in %appdata%, click the %appdata% folder that pops up
- In the location bar, click “AppData”
- Click Local
- Click on the folder that says “GBVSR”
- Click on the folder that says “Saved”
- Click on the folder that says “Config”
- Click on the folder that says “WindowsNoEditor”
- Find the file that says “Engine”, open it with Notepad or your program of choice
- Go to the bottom and add the following lines:
- Save and close the file.
- Right-click on the Engine file again and click “Properties”
- Set the file to Read Only
If you followed the directions correctly, you’re done! The difference is night and day.
The difference is night and day.
Screenshots don’t really do it justice, you’ll just have to see it in motion how much better this is.
Please note that this does take beefier pc specs, so if you’re having trouble running the game normally, this will make things much worse for you.
Hope you enjoy, enjoy the game and please use an ethernet cable while playing online!