Whenever I launch the game, the browser-ized content on the left uses Microsoft Edge to display content. If there is any error with the connection, it opens the full Edge browser. By default, Edge opens to a busy news page, and asks if I’d like it to be my default browser.
I would not.
I would also recommend setting Edge to no longer ask about a default browser, and to open to a more innocuous page, but those activities are outside the scope of this guide.
Disable the Browser in Launcher.exe.config
- Navigate to the game’s folder
- The easiest way is to open the launcher, click the settings gear in the upper left, and then the “open” button labeled Game Folder
- Open Launcher.exe.config
- This is a text file, so open it with notepad or your favorite text editor.
- Find BrowserIsActive
- Search for “BrowserIsActive”. You’ll find this line
<add key="BrowserIsActive" value="true"/>
- Change “true” to “false”.
Close and relaunch the game. The launcher should have glorious blank space, and Edge will remain asleep.
Note that this file will get overwritten by updates and file verification, so you’ll need to repeat these steps whenever that happens.