Update 1.14 Operation: Accolade is out and you don’t have your character presets or loadouts? Let’s waste no more time and fix it.
Table of Contents
Guide to Restore Presets, Loadouts, Skins
Go to Appdata
- Go to your appdata folder:
- Now you need to copy “controls”, “cosmetics” and “theater” that’s what you need the most (or just copy all files whatever).
- Put it into:
- C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\SaveGames\SteamProfile > overwrite the old files (just incase make a backup).
Optional 1. SteamCloud
If it doesn’t work, make sure the files you’ve just copied are still there (they can be overwritten when starting the game).
- Disable steamcloud
Optional 2. Read-Only Folder
- Right-click on the steamprofile folder, select properties, go to the security tab and click on edit.
- Select the user that you want to edit, and check the “Read & execute” and “Read” boxes in the “Allow” column.
- Uncheck all the boxes in the “Write” and “Modify” columns, save changes and you should be good to go.
- If you do this, remember that you can’t save anything new ingame unless you change properties back to default.