Table of Contents
Class Roles Guide
Classes in Lost Ark are divided into DPS synergies and support synergies. While it is possible for some of these roles (such as support) to flex into the other role, it’s considered abnormal and only feasible when someone hugely overgears the content that they’re doing, presuming it’s not equalized.
Synergies with similar effects do not stack from people playing the same class in a party but generally stack with people playing a different class. Opposing gender classes synergies also do not stack (e.g. Gunslinger and Deadeye).
It is recommended that you always have different synergies that can stack in the party. But content can be cleared even if you have two of the same class in a group, it just tends to be less efficient.
Crit synergies are more powerful than AP synergies but rely on the party to build the party around them to maximize their strength.
Most synergies require certain tripods to be taken for their effect to be applied (there are some exceptions such as Lance Master). They are usually found in the first or second row so that you can use them with low skill point investment.
DPS synergies can be further divided into debuff vs. buff synergies (applying the debuff to the target to make them take more of a type of damage or applying the buff to the party to directly increase their damage), as well as burst vs. non-burst synergies (damage is applied during a short burst window of over a long uptime).
Crit synergies are additive, not multiplicative (meaning Reaper’s 20% additional Crit Damage from the debuff turns 200% base Crit Damage into 220%, or a 10% damage increase on Crit hits with no other Crit Damage bonuses).
All classes are able to clear all content in the game, and supports are completely interchangeable with similar success based on team configuration and cooperation.
DPS Synergy (Flat)
- Berserker (Burst): Red Dust applies a debuff to the target which makes them take 12% additional damage from all sources. Very low uptime.
- Shadowhunter (Burst): Howling applies a debuff to the target which makes them take 12% additional damage from all sources for 6 seconds. Very low uptime.
- Scrapper (Non-Burst): Forward Blow or Shredding Strike applies a debuff to the target which makes them take 6% additional damage from all sources for 8 seconds. Very high uptime.
- Soulfist (Non-Burst): Line Shootdown or Pitting Release applies a 6% Attack Power buff to party members. High or low uptime.
- Sorceress (Non-Burst): Blaze and Lightning Vortex apply a 6% Attack Power buff to party members. High uptime.
- Sharpshooter (Non-Burst): Rapid Shot or Atomic Arrow applies a debuff to the target which makes them take 6% additional damage from all sources. Very high uptime.
- Scouter (Non-Burst): Bullet Tsunami or Pulse Fire applies a 6% Attack Power buff to party members. Hyper Sync also grants this buff, non-stacking. Very high uptime.
- Deathblade (Non-Burst): Spin Cutter applies a debuff to the target which makes them take 12% additional damage from Head Attack and Back Attack damage types for 10 seconds. Attacks that aren’t Head Attack or Back Attack are increased by 3%. High uptime. Additionally, Maelstrom applies a high attack and movement speed buff to party members for 6 seconds. Low uptime.
DPS Synergy (Armor Pen & Stagger)
- Destroyer (Burst): Endure Pain applies a debuff to the target which reduces their defense by 24% for 6 seconds. Very low uptime, burst synergy. Running Crash can also apply a stagger debuff with Running Crash that increases stagger damage taken by 20% for 6 seconds. Low uptime.
- Summoner (Burst): Sticky Moss Swamp applies a debuff to targets which reduces their defense by 24% for 2 seconds. Low uptime.
- Artillerist (Non-Burst): Summon Turret applies a debuff to the target on every hit, which reduces their defense by 12% for 6 seconds. Very high uptime. Artillerists can also apply a stagger debuff with Napalm that increases stagger damage taken by 20% for 4 seconds. Low uptime.
DPS Synergy (Crit)
- Wardancer (Burst): Whisper of Wind & Roar of Valor improve Crit Chance and attack speed to allies. Low uptime.
- Striker (Burst): Whisper of Lighting improves Crit Chance to allies. Low uptime.
- Arcana (Non-Burst): Return or Scratch Dealer applies a debuff which increases the Crit Chance of attacks the target receives by 10%. Very high uptime.
- Deadeye (Non-Burst): Spiral Chaser or AT02 Grenade applies a debuff to the target which makes attacks against them 10% more likely to Critly hit. Very high uptime.
- Gunslinger (Non-Burst): Same as Deadeye.
- Lance Master: Blue Dragon applies a debuff which decreases the Crit Resistance of a target by 18%.
- Reaper (Non-Burst): Crit resistance reduction tripod on any green skill applies a debuff which increases the amount of Crit Damage a target receives by 20%.
Support Synergy (Flex)
- Gunlancer: Applies Armor Break with Bash or Shield Push, reducing enemy defense by 12%. Very high uptime. Can increase party Attack Speed by 20% for 6 seconds (low uptime) with Nellasia’s Energy, but not commonly taken. The second Awakening also increases the Crit Chance of party members standing inside of it. Gunlancer is a flex support; it offers less buff options than Bard or Paladin but deals damage comparable to a DPS Synergy while being extremely tanky, so it can occupy either role.
Support Synergy (Party)
- Bard: They have four means of increasing party damage. Heavenly Performance, Sound Wave Vibration, their Z identity skill, and short-duration damage amplification debuffs that they apply with Rhythmic Harp or Musical Notes. Heavenly Performance and Sound Wave Vibration do not stack. Bards are the go-to support for keeping teams alive.
- Paladin: They have four means of increasing party damage. Heavenly Blessing, God’s Wrath, their X identity skill (Divine Aura), and medium duration damage amplification debuffs that they apply with Divine Law. Paladins provide more damage to a team but have fewer defensive options than Bard.