For people like me confused with the lack of pressure-sensitive controls.
How to Stop Accidentally Slitting People’s Throats
Re-learn the Basics of CQC
For people like me who played the HD Collection on PlayStation 3, I was incredibly confused to have to adjust to the lack of pressure-sensitive controls. I didn’t see anyone talking about this yet, so I’ll be the first:
- To aim, hold the right bumper (RB) to go into first person mode and hold down the Fire Button (X) to fire.
- This proves to be incredibly frustrating when you just want to line up your shot and end up accidentally wasting a bullet.
- This is even worse when holding a fully-automatic weapon like an AK-47, which shoots as soon as you press the Fire Button.
- Bullets are very precious in the jungle, so here’s a little tip to help in your sneaking mission.
- Click the left stick to have Snake hold and aim his weapon. It’s an easy way to hold people up without wasting a bullet, or fiddling with the controls to cancel your aim.
- For interrogation, you can also click the left stick to threaten them with your knife, while the Action Button (Y) slits their neck.
Hope this helps!