This a known issue with the game and this guide is to help you fix it.
Guide to Uncorrupt Your Files
It’s simpler than you guys most think and I just found out by randomly moving some stuff around, here’s the workaround:
- Backup your files from C:\Users(your username)\Saved Games\Metro Exodus
- Stop Steam Cloud for Metro Exodus, you can do this by going into the parameters.
- Launch the game, (if you get the typical bug where it just keeps loading finish the process in task manager and open again, if it asks you to go into safe mode press yes). You don’t need to play, once you are on the menu just close the game.
- Go to C:\Users(your username)\Saved Games\Metro Exodus and delete everything again.
- Place the backup of your savegame on C:\Users(your username)\Saved Games\Metro Exodus
- Launch the game again and it will no longer be corrupt.
This worked for me, for some reason it only showed the chapter Moscow even if I was already at the end of the game, now it shows every chapter, I hope this helps people that’s been struggling with this, I recommend leaving steam cloud off just in case, if you ever feel like saving in it the cloud once it’s safe, then do so, but you’ll have to repeat this process again to uncorrupt your files.