With its unique ability to discern good and evil roles through nightly visions, the Psychic presents a unique challenge to players, and this guide is intended to help you navigate it effectively.
Table of Contents
Guide to Psychic Role
The guide covers the Psychic’s abilities and limitations, explores strategic aspects of the role, and offers tips on how to interpret and act on the information gathered. Moreover, it provides insights on how to handle different scenarios, collaborate with other roles, and manage potential obstacles like illusionists and enchanters.
Whether you’re a seasoned Town of Salem player or a newcomer trying to get a handle on the different roles, this guide aims to equip you with the knowledge and strategies to excel as a Psychic. It is intended to be comprehensive, offering insights that are valuable for both beginner and advanced players. Expect to find a detailed exploration of the Psychic role, advanced strategies, and practical tips for in-game situations.
- Town Investigative
- Attack: None
- Defense: None
- Ability Stats
- Type: Information
- Abilities: Target a player to have a vision at night.
- Attributes: On odd nights you’ll have a vision of three players, at least one will be Evil. On even nights you’ll have a vision of two players, at least one will be Good. The player you target is included in your vision. Template:Illusionists can make evil players appear good, and Template:Enchanters can have good players appear evil.
- Goal: Hang every criminal and evildoer.
Strategy Guide for Playing as Psychic
- Understanding the Psychic Role
The Psychic is a Town Investigative role that functions similarly to its Town of Salem 1 counterpart, receiving a vision every night.
- Abilities and Attributes
On odd-numbered nights, you will receive a vision of 3 players, with at least one of them considered Evil. On even-numbered nights, your vision will include 2 players, with at least one considered Good. The player you target is guaranteed to appear in your vision, which can be helpful when targeting someone with a confirmed role.
- Challenges with Illusionists and Enchanters
One of the significant challenges for a Psychic is the presence of Illusionists and Enchanters. Illusionists can make evil players appear good, while Enchanters can cause good players to appear evil, which may complicate your findings.
- Strategies for Psychic Role
- Be strategic about your targets: Try to target players who are acting suspiciously or have not provided much information about their role.
- Communicate your findings: As a Town Investigative role, it’s essential to share your visions with the town, even if the results are inconclusive.
- Work with confirmed roles: If a player’s role is confirmed, targeting them can help narrow down the good and evil players in your visions.
- Be aware of manipulations: Keep in mind the potential interference of Illusionists and Enchanters and factor this into your deductions.
Psychic’s Game Log Template
Use this template to keep track of your actions and visions each night as Psychic:
- Vision (Good/Evil):
- Players in Vision:
- Vision (Good/Evil):
- Players in Vision:
Repeat this pattern for each subsequent night, adding notes and observations as necessary. Having a detailed log is helpful for recalling information, spotting patterns, and presenting evidence when needed.
Strategies for Masquerading as a Psychic
If you’re trying to pretend to be a Psychic, consider the following strategies:
Understand the Psychic role: Familiarize yourself with the Psychic’s abilities and limitations. Remember, Psychics have a vision every night, with the number and alignment of players varying based on whether the night is odd or even.
Mimic the Psychic’s abilities: Be mindful of the night count and make sure your claims align with the Psychic’s abilities. You should claim to have seen three players (with at least one evil) on odd nights and two players (with at least one good) on even nights.
Select your ‘vision’ carefully: Choose the players you ‘see’ in your vision wisely. It’s a good idea to include players who are already under suspicion, as this can lend credibility to your claims.
Use Information Wisely: When masquerading as a Psychic, you should avoid making any dramatic accusations without evidence to back up your claims. Instead, subtly guide the conversation to raise doubts about certain players, and use your “visions” to back up your claims.
Collaborate With Other Roles: Try to corroborate your findings with other investigative roles. This can add credibility to your claims and make you seem more legitimate.
Adapt Your Strategy: Be ready to adapt your strategy if suspicion falls on you. For example, you may need to claim that your vision was influenced by an Illusionist or Enchanter.
Remember, the key to masquerading as a Psychic is to understand the role thoroughly, provide plausible information, and be able to adapt your strategy as the game progresses.