How to Play in Windowed Mode at 1920×1080 (1080p)
In this guide, you will learn how to play “The Forest” in windowed mode. This is especially useful because full screen mode can be problematic for some users. When using dual monitors, the cursor may wander outside of the game window, which can be annoying.
Windowed mode can help resolve this issue. Keep in mind that this mode may place a slightly higher load on your GPU, but it can be beneficial for your CPU.
Note: If you are currently in-game, make sure to save your progress before making any changes.
How to Set Windowed Mode from the Launcher
- Start the game.
- In the game launcher, you will see the ‘Windowed’ option on the right side of the resolution settings. Initially, it may limit you to 1680×1050, but we’ll show you how to adjust this.
- Launch the game via the launcher and navigate to the ‘Options’ menu.
- In the ‘Display’ section, if you enabled ‘Windowed’ by checking the box, you should only need to click the right arrow next to the resolution to set it to 1920×1080.
How to Switch to Windowed Mode from Within the Game (if Fullscreen by Default)
- While in the game, press the ‘ESC’ key to open the menu.
- Click ‘Options’ to access the options menu.
- By default, you should be in the ‘Display’ section.
- To switch from Fullscreen to Windowed mode, click the left arrow next to ‘Fullscreen,’ which will set it to ‘Off.’
You can easily toggle between Fullscreen and Windowed modes by pressing ‘ALT+ENTER.’
Using windowed mode may introduce a few drawbacks, including compatibility issues for some Windows or Linux users, especially those using emulation software like Wine.
Some users may also experience performance issues. However, you may notice achievements and Steam overlay working again.
One significant change is that a portion of your screen will be obscured by the window border in windowed mode, which can affect your view, especially with a native resolution of 1080p.
The decision to use windowed mode in “The Forest” has its pros and cons. It can resolve cursor issues and enhance your gaming experience, but there are potential downsides. Weigh these factors against your preferences to determine the best choice for your gaming setup.
So thats it, enjoy windowed mode, addressing cursor issues and improving your overall gaming experience. Like & Cya!