Easiest way to get Thalassophobia achievement solo.
This guide follows the same path as the Yacht Heist Solo Speedrun World Record (Normal).
Watch the video so you understand everything that’s going on.
The settings you need to change for RNG Modifier are:
Setting – Value
- Color – White
- Laptop Spawn – Basement Next To Stair
- Bookshelf Money – Far Left
- White Cabinet Spawn – 2nd Floor Party At Left Door
- Cabinet Money – Cart White
- Yellow Lifeboat Spawn – Right Side Near Spawn
- White Lifeboat Spawn – Front Stair Left
- Red Lifeboat Spawn – Behind Front Stair Right
- Green Lifeboat Spawn – Near Fridge Stair Right
- Blue Lifeboat Spawn – At Spawn Right
- Lifeboat Money – Near Aqua Stair Left
- Aquarium Money – Front
- Disable Location A – Fridge
- Disable Location B – Cart
- Disable Location C – Cigar
- Server – BL,FL,BR,FR
Note: Unchanged settings were omitted.
Is This Cheating?
This achievement isn’t about skill. With the allotted time, it’s purely based on RNG, and there’s a lot of variables that make getting good RNG nearly impossible. Even if you do get good laptop / loot spots, you still have to pray that the game doesn’t give you guards / civs blocking your path.
I’ve attempted this at least a hundred times and I couldn’t get it. It’s just too RNG-reliant for solo play.
If the achievement were under 7-8 minutes, I actually would’ve done it quite a few times already. Alas, it’s not, and, unless you’re willing to restart hundreds of times to do it the right way, it’s better to even out the RNG and make it more skill-based.
If you had someone else to help you out with it, it may not be so bad. Alas, I don’t have anyone who wants to help me get it, and couldn’t find anyone to help me do it.
For what it’s worth, when I got the achievement, it took me 5m26s; that’s 34 seconds less than the achievement allows, and that’s because I still had guards and civs blocking that have to be dealt with.
So, is it cheating? Without any context, I would say yes, but I don’t care. I don’t want to waste my life trying to go after an achievement that has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with a good roll of three 32-sided die.
In fact, I’d love for the developers to live stream until they can get meet the requirements of this achievement and prove that it’s repeatable. I’d bet that they’d realize that this achievement isn’t really fair at all and would agree that it’s based too much on RNG.