Hello friends! In this guide I’ll show you a secret how to get better at stealth using an overlooked game mechanic.
Throw a knife at a far surface to lure guards away.
- That’s right! Throwing knives will serve much better as lure rather than a tool for killing guards.
- Need to hack a phone on a guard without risking suspicion? Throw a knife at a far surface and tail him!
- Too impatient to wait for guard to move out of your way?
- Speedrunning Nightclub and guards swarm the exit?
- Delivering a… “mysterious package” in 99 Boxes, but the guards blocking doorway?
- Lead guard’s annoying you?
- Guards swarm the ground floor in “Under the Surphaze” and won’t let you hack in peace?
The answer to all of these is throwing knives.
No pagers? No problem.
Disclaimer: You might need to get used to estimate a distance at which guards will hear the knife land so they move in to investigate.
Bonus: If you’re running full stealth build without intending to restart consider grabbing an ammo bag for more knives.